Flamengo players pass tests for coronavirus

first_imgLast week, he joined the black-red delegation that went to Barranquilla, in Colombia, to follow Flamengo’s victory over Junior (1-2) on the first day of group A of the Copa Libertadores. Before, he was with the club president, Rodolfo Landim, and the vice president of marketing, Gustavo Oliveira, in Madrid.The South American Football Confederation (Conmebol) announced on Thursday the suspension of the Copa Libertadores matches scheduled between March 15-21 to contain the spread of the coronavirus.Brazil has confirmed until this Friday 98 cases of coronavirus, most of them in the state of Sao Paulo (56), the most populous and richest in the country, and investigates about 1,500 considered “suspects”, although without registering deaths. The World Health Organization (WHO) this week declared the coronavirus outbreak a “pandemic.” The players of the Flamengo, Liga and Copa Libertadores champion in 2019, were subjected to medical tests to detect if anyone has coronavirus, after the vice president and a club worker presented symptoms of the disease.Team Sources Rio de Janeiro confirmed that the medical services also carried out clinical examinations of the technical commission led by the Portuguese coach, Jorge Jesus, as well as all employees of the football department.“Flamengo is taking some precautions,” said the aforementioned sources, who stressed that these are “preventive” tests.The most popular club in Brazil decided to check the health status of players and coaches, after the entity’s vice president, Mauricio Gomes de Mattos, and an employee of the marketing department had symptoms of COVID-19. Both were waiting for the final result of the tests for coronovirus. Gomes de Mattos is admitted to a Brasilia hospital and awaits the result of a second analysis, according to local press.last_img read more

Police Grandmother who claimed child was abducted filed false report

first_imgSOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, FLA. (WSVN) – A woman who claimed her grandchild was abducted when a man stole her car at a Southwest Miami-Dade gas station was taken into custody because she filed a false police report, officials said.According to Miami-Dade Police, Antoinette Rowan told authorities she picked up the man, whom she had met online regarding some sort of transaction involving her vehicle, on Sunday.After they went to a Walmart, she said, they stopped at the Sunoco gas station along Southwest 112th Avenue and 220th Street at around 8:15 p.m.Investigators said Rowan told them she briefly left the vehicle, leaving her 3-year-old grandchild still in the back seat. Moments later, she said, the man took off in her vehicle with the child still inside.Surveillance video from the gas station showed the woman walking toward the building and just moments later running back out when she saw the car taking off.The child was later returned to the woman’s home.“Detectives kept an open line of communication, and that’s how, at one point, [her] 21-year-old daughter contacted the authorities and said that she was home, and she heard what she thought was the voice of her little 3-year-old brother,” said Miami-Dade Police Detective Alvaro Zabaleta. “She walked outside, and sure enough, he was standing outside. Unknown how he got dropped off, when he got dropped off, by who, but she says that he was unharmed.” Monday afternoon, however, police said Rowan’s account of events was not true.Rowan was taken into custody and will be placed under arrest and charged with filing a false police report.Copyright 2019 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.last_img read more