Eddie Howe aiming for Bournemouths first win at Anfield

first_imgBournemouth manager Eddie Howe has urged his team to rewrite history by winning at Anfield when they face Liverpool on Saturday.The Cherries are still waiting for their first win at Anfield, while the Reds have not lost at home in the Premier League for more than a year.But with Klopp’s men currently dip in form following two consecutive draws, Howe feels his side can seize the opportunity to further damage their title aspirations with a rare win.When asked about Bournemouth’s poor record at Anfield, Howe told Sky: “These things have always faced us before.“In the Premier League, every game when we first came into the league was a case of rewriting history and proving we could do things for the first time.“I think we tend to look at these things as a nice thing to do, to try and write a new history for the club all the time.“The Chelsea result was where everything came together with the result. There have been other games where we’ve performed really well and just missed out.“We’re going to have to defend well for long periods, but if we can show that mentality and desire to defend our goal then I believe we will have moments in the game to show what we were capable of going the other way.”Top 5 Premier League players to watch for next weekend Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 11, 2019 With the international activity cooling down for the next month, we go back to the Premier League’s Top 5 players to watch this weekend.After…Bournemouth will be without a key player on Saturday 🤞https://t.co/JRlz5GE5m4— Anfield HQ (@AnfieldHQ) February 5, 2019Bournemouth will be without both David Brooks [ankle] and Callum Wilson [knee] for the trip to Anfield, while Jefferson Lerma faces a late fitness test.“David has been to see a specialist and had scans, so I think around the four-week mark for him,” said Howe.“Callum, it’s just a clean out of his knee, he’s probably around the same mark. We’re not going to be able to get them back earlier than that.“[They are] big misses for us. Big misses for the team, for the group, they are big personalities for the group so we’re keen to get them back fit.“In the meantime, I believe we have the squad strength to cover those players.”last_img read more

BSE closes points 4912 down on September 13

first_imgNew Delhi, September 13 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 49.12 points down to stand at 19,732.76. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 0.10 points down to stand at 5,850.60. JPPOWER and NHPC were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 8.03% and 6.50% along with Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation Ltd. and Oriental Bank with an increase of 6.37% and 6.10% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Financial Technologies (India) Ltd. and Shriram City Union Finance Ltd. with a decrease of 8.37% and 3.80% along with Pipavav Defence and Wipro with a decrease 3.62% and 3.61% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 92.38 points at 10,942.01 while the banking sector is up 14.91 points at 11,589.03 and the realty sector is up 34.97 points at 1,318.32. The Indian currency is down 0.34% at Rs 63.72 per dollar.last_img read more

USmade bomb used on Yemen children Amnesty

first_imgA US-made bomb was used in a Saudi-led strike on Yemen’s capital last month that killed 16 civilians, including seven children, and orphaned a young girl, Amnesty International said Friday.The rights watchdog said its arms expert analysed remnants of the bomb recovered in Sanaa and that it “bore clear markings that matched US-made components commonly used in laser-guided air-dropped bombs”.“We can now conclusively say that the bomb that killed Buthaina’s parents and siblings, and other civilians, was made in the USA,” said Amnesty’s Middle East research director Lynn Maalouf.She was referring to five-year-old Buthaina Mansur who survived the attack but whose parents and five siblings were killed by the bomb. A picture of the little girl being rescued went viral.Seventeen people were also wounded in the August 25 air strike that levelled two apartment buildings in Sanaa’s southern neighbourhood of Faj Attan.The Saudi-led coalition entered Yemen’s war in 2015 in support of the government against Iran-backed Houthi rebels, who seized Sanaa the previous year and control it to this day in alliance with forces loyal to ex-President Ali Abdullah Saleh.Children, according to UNICEF, account for at least 1,712 of the more than 8,500 deaths in Yemen since the coalition intervened in Yemen.A day after the deadly air strike, the coalition admitted responsibility for the raid, describing it as a “technical mistake”.The coalition has been repeatedly accused of killing civilians during its air strikes on Yemen.In December 2016, the US administration under then president Barack Obama blocked the transfer of precision-guided bomb kits to Riyadh.A senior administration official said the move reflected “strong concerns with the flaws in the coalition’s targeting practices” and its overall conduct of the Yemen air war.US President Donald Trump has stepped up military support to Riyadh since taking over from Obama.The US and Saudi Arabia in May announced an arms deal worth almost $110 billion, described as the largest in US history.The head of the Norwegian Refugee Council on Friday urged a return to diplomacy for the sake of Yemeni civilians.“Privileged neighbours and regional powers bring fuel to the fire, while Yemeni civilians pay the price for the war,” NRC head Jan Egeland said on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York.last_img read more