Doyle Ground, North ParramattaContact: Andrew LeesPhone: (02) 9558 9333Email: Andrew.Lees@nswtouch.com.auWeb: http://allschools.nswtouch.com.au/sydney
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say New Nice owner Ratcliffe remains interested buying Premier League clubby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveNew Nice owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe remains interested in buying a Premier League club.It’s understood he looked at Newcastle and Chelsea this year – and he may return to buy a top flight club at a later date, says the Mirror.Those close to the man, who started life in a council house in Greater Manchester, insist they haven’t ruled out Ratcliffe making a Premier League impact one day.A business confidante said: “Jim was genuinely interested in buying a leading Premier League club. At the same time he wants value for money and after considering the cost involved and the necessary investment he chose Nice ahead of Premier League clubs he was in negotiations with.”
zoomImage Courtesy: Indian Coast Guard Cargo discharge operations on Maersk Line’s fire-stricken containership Maersk Honam were completed and first containers have been released for onward transport.The ultra large boxship, which was hit by a serious fire on March 6, berthed at Jebel Ali port on Sunday, 27 May, after spending over two months at sea.“Containers which have been declared sound and for which all General Average and Salvage securities have been submitted are being released now and will be loaded on other vessels for transport to their final destination,” the Danish shipping major said in a statement.The company added that the condition of the vessel will be further evaluated after berthing, confirming its earlier announced plans to repair the Maersk Honam.A full investigation in collaboration with relevant authorities is ongoing to determine the cause of the fire.Maersk Honam was hit by a serious fire while sailing around 900 nautical miles southeast of Salalah, Oman. The fire claimed the lives of a total of five crew members.,Maersk Honam was hit by a serious fire while sailing around 900 nautical miles southeast of Salalah, Oman. The fire claimed the lives of a total of five crew members.
Jose Mourinho has made some significant changes to his Manchester United squad for the Premier League showdown against Newcastle.Mourinho who is under intense scrutiny desperately needs three points today at Old Trafford in their last Premier League clash before the International break.The Portuguese boss has had spats with a number of his star players in recent times, including Paul Pogba and Eric Bailly, but both start the game.And following the club’s abysmal start to the campaign, reports suggested the former Madrid man was set for the axe irrespective of the Newcastle result.Virgil van Dijk praises Roberto Firmino after Liverpool’s win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Virgil van Dijk hailed team-mate Roberto Firmino after coming off the bench to inspire Liverpool to a 3-1 comeback win against Newcastle United.Manchester United have quashed those rumours but Mourinho simply cannot afford another loss and has named a strong side on paper for the visit of Rafa Benitez’s struggling Magpies.MANCHESTER UNITED VS NEWCASTLE LINEUPSMan Utd XI: De Gea, Young, Bailly, Smalling, Shaw, McTominay, Matic, Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku, MartialNewcastle XI: Dubravka, Yedlin, Lascelles, Fernandez, Manquillo, Ritchie, Shelvey, Diame, Kenedy, Perez, Muto
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has thrown David De Gea’s future into doubt after revealing he is not confident the Spaniard will sign a new contractThe 27-year-old has developed into one of the world’s greatest goalkeepers at United following his arrival from Atletico Madrid in 2011.But De Gea has just 18 months left on his current contract at Old Trafford and talks over an extension have been delayed by two months.De Gea had been close to sealing a switch to Real Madrid in 2015 – only for a technical problem in sending the paperwork during the final hours of the transfer window putting an end to it.But following Real’s capture of Thibaut Courtois from Chelsea in the summer, United were reportedly confident of sealing a new deal for De Gea.However, Mourinho appears to have suggested otherwise now ahead of the Red Devils’ Premier League clash with Everton.Daniel Farke, From mid-table in the Championship to the Premier League Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Norwich City manager, Daniel Farke, has taken his team from the middle of the table in the English Championship to play with the big boys in the Premier League.“I am not confident, but I’m also not worried,” Mourinho told Sky Sports. “I cannot find the word in English, but let’s see what happens.“Only the club, David and his people can answer that. My comment is only that everyone knows how good he is, how important he is for Manchester United and if the club wants to be better than it is and not worse.He added: “Obviously it would be very important to keep David.”The Spain international has struggled this season for United and has conceded 16 goals in nine Premier League games.Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain have also been reportedly interested in De Gea.
Dundee United have released a statement saying they have “disciplined” defender Jamie Robson for painting his face black for a party this month.Earlier this month, pictures from the fancy dress party released on social media showed the defender in ‘blackface’ and the club immediately started an investigation into the racially insensitive behavior.“Dundee United can confirm Jamie Robson has been disciplined in relation to his actions at a players’ social event earlier this month,” a statement on the club’s website read.“As a club, we have high standards concerning the behavior and actions of our staff, and on this occasion, Jamie has fallen short of these expected standards.“Dundee United is also fully committed to promoting equality and valuing diversity.Rangers agree Kamara and Jones signings Henry Ikenna Ugwu – January 6, 2019 Dundee United midfielder Glenn Kamara and Kilmarnock winger Jordan Jones have both signed pre-contract agreements with Rangers.Both players are expected to join the Ibrox…“The player’s actions were potentially offensive and with, the club’s support, he will undertake some diversity and inclusion training.”As part of the statement, Robson said: “I fully accept the naivety of my actions and can see that my actions fall short of what is expected by a professional footballer.“As soon as I became aware that I could offend, I took immediate action and removed both the make-up and costume.“I want to apologize for any offense I have caused, and I have also apologized to the club for not adhering to the standards expected.”
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has heaped praises on Brazilian goalkeeping duo of Alisson Becker and Ederson Moraes.Klopp believes that Liverpool and Manchester City shot-stoppers could be the two best goalkeepers in the world.Both players will come up against each other on Thursday when Manchester City host Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium in a titanic tussle at the top of the table.Liverpool is currently seated in the first position on the standings with Pep Guardiola’s men in third place, seven points behind the Reds.Alisson has been impressive for Liverpool since signing from AS Roma in the offseason for £65 million (€73m/$85m).Klopp has praises performance of the Brazil first-choice goalkeeper and Ederson, who was back-up with Brazil at the 2018 World Cup, saying they have set a new standard for goalkeepers from their country.Crouch: Liverpool could beat Man United to Jadon Sancho Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Peter Crouch wouldn’t be surprised to see Jadon Sancho end up at Liverpool one day instead of his long-term pursuers Manchester United.“Alisson is unbelievably important,” he said, according to Goal.“(Claudio) Taffarel was the goalkeeper I knew from Brazil, an outstanding goalkeeper, but I do not remember a lot of world-class ones.”“Now they have two of the world’s best, if not the world’s best. It is incredible.”“Coming from Germany, I knew how important Manuel Neuer was with his football playing on top of his goalkeeping skills,” Klopp added. “You can’t imagine that two can come along with the same skills — and maybe even a bit better.”“They all have their specific importance, for sure, but Ali is not only the goalkeeper. He is an outfield player as well and that helps of course.”“What I would say is these two boys do not have to hide.”
Sen. Murkowski said that while they respect the goal of enforcing the law, she is uncomfortable with the consequence of children torn from their parents’ arms. Sen. Murkowski: “If we’re talking about young children here, young families and a forced separation for an indefinite period of time, I have concerns about it.” Attorney General Jeff Sessions has said that the policy, enacted in April, was put in place to bolster border patrol efforts and crack down on illegal immigration. The Trump administration announced a zero-tolerance border policy, where immigrants face criminal prosecution for unlawful border entry. Charging immigrants who improperly enter the U.S. with a crime has for many resulted in their children being taken away by the federal government and sent to government shelters. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) said during a press conference on Thursday that she is ‘troubled’ by the practice of removing a child from their parent when caught crossing the border illegally.
A US-made bomb was used in a Saudi-led strike on Yemen’s capital last month that killed 16 civilians, including seven children, and orphaned a young girl, Amnesty International said Friday.The rights watchdog said its arms expert analysed remnants of the bomb recovered in Sanaa and that it “bore clear markings that matched US-made components commonly used in laser-guided air-dropped bombs”.“We can now conclusively say that the bomb that killed Buthaina’s parents and siblings, and other civilians, was made in the USA,” said Amnesty’s Middle East research director Lynn Maalouf.She was referring to five-year-old Buthaina Mansur who survived the attack but whose parents and five siblings were killed by the bomb. A picture of the little girl being rescued went viral.Seventeen people were also wounded in the August 25 air strike that levelled two apartment buildings in Sanaa’s southern neighbourhood of Faj Attan.The Saudi-led coalition entered Yemen’s war in 2015 in support of the government against Iran-backed Houthi rebels, who seized Sanaa the previous year and control it to this day in alliance with forces loyal to ex-President Ali Abdullah Saleh.Children, according to UNICEF, account for at least 1,712 of the more than 8,500 deaths in Yemen since the coalition intervened in Yemen.A day after the deadly air strike, the coalition admitted responsibility for the raid, describing it as a “technical mistake”.The coalition has been repeatedly accused of killing civilians during its air strikes on Yemen.In December 2016, the US administration under then president Barack Obama blocked the transfer of precision-guided bomb kits to Riyadh.A senior administration official said the move reflected “strong concerns with the flaws in the coalition’s targeting practices” and its overall conduct of the Yemen air war.US President Donald Trump has stepped up military support to Riyadh since taking over from Obama.The US and Saudi Arabia in May announced an arms deal worth almost $110 billion, described as the largest in US history.The head of the Norwegian Refugee Council on Friday urged a return to diplomacy for the sake of Yemeni civilians.“Privileged neighbours and regional powers bring fuel to the fire, while Yemeni civilians pay the price for the war,” NRC head Jan Egeland said on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York.
Performers parade through downtown Baltimore during the Light City Baltimore 2016 while onlookers took in the sights behind the ship The Pride of Baltimore II. (Photos by Anderson Ward) Baltimore’s Light City, a festival of light, music and innovation, goes until April 3. ‘Peacock,’ by Tim Scofield and Kyle Miller, is one of the light art installations on view to the public.
Kolkata: A woman who had killed her husband, a local Trinamool Congress activist of Sonarpur in South 24-Parganas, after conspiring with her boyfriend, attempted suicide inside the police lockup on Sunday morning.Victim’s wife Madhumita Mistri had been under police custody since she was arrested by the police on April 19. She has been kept under observation.According to police, she attempted suicide by cutting her hand and throat with a blade. A question has, however, been raised on how she got a blade inside the police lockup. Some of the policemen posted outside the lockup found the injured victim with her hand and throat bleeding profusely. She was immediately treated by doctors. The woman conspired with a person with whom she had an extra marital affair and killed her husband. The incident took place on April 9. The matter came to light after the woman’s boy friend admitted his guilt before the investigators after his arrest. Both the accused have been arrested on April 19. The victim, Samir Mistri, a local Trinamool Congress was shot dead by the accused Chandan Mondal. According to the investigation, police came to know that victim’s wife Madhumita had developed an illicit relationship with Mondal around two-and-a-half year ago. Also Read – Heavy rain hits traffic, flightsBoth the woman and her boy friend admitted their relationship before the police and the hatched plan to kill Mistri. The incident took place when the victim was having his dinner inside his house. The front door of their room was kept open by the woman to help her boyfriend to carry out the crime. According to the investigation, police said that there was a quarrel between the couple after the victim came to know about the relationship. The accused might have committed the crime as the victim had opposed their relation.