NBA: Durant offered kind words to Paul George on what to expect with Thunder Another vape smoker nabbed in Lucena View comments El Nido residents told to vacate beach homes Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ LATEST STORIES Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR ADVERTISEMENT Pacquiao yielded his WBO welterweight title to Horn, who came away with a highly-disputed unanimous decision win.Last week, Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach has also said he’s going to talk to Pacquiao about possibly calling it quits after failing to stop Horn.However, there is likely a rematch between the two.RELATED VIDEORoach on Pacquiao: Being both fighter and senator ‘might be a little too much’4.5K viewsSportsVentuno Web Player 4.51 Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Manny Pacquiao. AFP PHOTO/John GURZINSKIManny Pacquiao doesn’t seem to be leaning toward hanging up his gloves any time soon.Pacquiao’s comments came on the heels of talks about his possible retirement following a shocking loss to unheralded Jeff Horn on July 2.ADVERTISEMENT Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ China furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Rivera Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. READ: ‘Nothing surprises me now,’ says Pacquiao on WBO fight reviewIn a Facebook post, Pacquiao said the only time he’d consider walking away from boxing is when his passion flames out.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool stars“I love this sport and until the passion is gone, I will continue to fight for God, my family, my fans and my country,” Pacquiao wrote.READ: Marquez ‘surprised’ Pacquiao failed to stop Horn
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday accused certain officials in the Prime Minister’s Office of pushing Commonwealth Games budget despite warnings from former sports ministers.”The role of certain officials in the PMO should also be probed, as they helped increasing the Commonwealth budget despite warnings by former Sports ministers. The BJP wants a probe into the matter,” BJP spokesman Shahnawaz Hussain said.Hussain also disagreed with the prime minister’s observation made on Wednesday that his “ministers had ideological differences with each other over the Commonwealth Games”.The BJP leader said, “There was no ideological difference among the ministers. They were warning the PM on the loot in the name of Commonwealth Games.””The former sports ministers had differences over the holding of Commonwealth Games and were warning him about the big loot in the name of Commonwealth Games. Despite such warnings and after ignoring them, the budget for Commonwealth Games was increased instead,” Hussain said.- With PTI inputs
He couldn’t believe his eyes. He looked at the list again to make sure he wasn’t mistaken. But there it was, his name among the runners who qualified for the marathon at the Rio Olympics this summer.It was early May when lawyer Michalis Kalomiris saw this unexpected piece of news while reading a website dedicated to athletics. He had worked hard in the preceding months to improve his performance by squeezing in training sessions before and after work, but he did not expect to qualify for the Olympics – particularly as his time was nearly 10 minutes slower than that needed to pass.Without realizing, the 30-year-old had in fact qualified for the Games in March 2015, when he ran the Rome Marathon in 2 hours and 29 minutes. The limit for men in the Olympics is supposed to be 2 hours and 19 minutes, but the regulations of the International Association of Athletic Federations (IAAF) state that an athlete qualifies regardless of timing if they finish in the top 10 of a Gold Label event. The Rome Marathon last year was one such event as it met the IAAF criteria for the Gold Label, including having at least five elite men and five elite women of four different nationalities at the starting line. Elite men are those with times of 2 hours and 10 minutes or under and women with 2:28:00.“The conditions were very tough, with constant rain and cold,” remembers Kalomiris about the race in the Italian capital. “Better athletes in the race decided to give up.”When the news of Kalomiris’s qualification finally emerged, a small war broke out in the Greek running community on social media. Some thought the decision unfair, arguing that there are faster marathoners in Greece (Kalomiris finished fifth in the National Marathon Championship). Others expressed support, viewing his qualification as a victory for all amateur runners.Kalomiris says he is an “amateur training at sub-elite level.” For the past four years, he has been working at a legal firm in Athens, running at a sports center in the suburb of Aegaleo after work or waking up early in the morning to get some early training in. He runs in different parts of the capital on the weekends, choosing routes in areas such as Anavryta and Filothei. Depending on where he is in his training regimen, he will cover between 110 and 200 kilometers a week. When he has a court appearance outside Athens, he always takes his running shoes along.“When you really like something a lot, you find a way of fitting it into your life,” he tells Kathimerini.Kalomiris’s qualification comes at a time when running is enjoying particular popularity in Greece and amateur races have increased sixfold in 10 years. In 2005, the Athens Marathon had around 800 Greek runners; last year, there were 7,500 at the starting line.Kalomiris’s father was the president of the Run for Health Association of Athens (SDYA), a pioneer in mass sports that also supported the Athens Marathon back when it was sparsely attended. Kalomiris started running at a young age but went though a four-year lull before returning to vigorous training in 2012. “I had toned down the pace and intensity of my life. I was sort of run-down,” he explains.The other Greeks running in the Rio Games marathon this August are Sofia Riga, Rania Rempouli and Panagiota Vlachaki among the women, and, among the men, Christoforos Merousis (every country can send up to three runners in each category).Kalomiris is now in Karpenisi, central Greece, where he is focusing on his training. “When I asked if I could take three months off at the office, they were ready to support me. It was very important because it spared me the anxiety that I was letting them down,” he says.Kalomiris’s performance does not match that of professional runners. The fastest to qualify for the Rio Olympics is a runner from Kenya with a time of 2:03:05. For the lawyer from western Attica, though, what counts is “the dream of participation” and the effort for improvement.“I would like to think that this story makes everyone involved in running believe more in themselves and keep up the effort,” he says.Source: KathimeriniTweetPinShare0 Shares
West Indies and Sri Lanka have been fined for maintaining a slow over-rate in their last World Cup match in Durham which Sri Lanka won by 23 runs.Match referee David Boon imposed the fines after Jason Holder’s West Indies and Dimuth Karunaratne’s Sri Lanka were both ruled to be two overs short of their target after time allowances were taken into consideration during Monday’s game.Captains Holder and Karunaratne have both been fined 40 percent of their match fees, while the rest of the players of both the teams have received 20 percent fines.If either West Indies or Sri Lanka commit another minor over-rate breach in an ODI within 12 months of this offense with Holder or Karunaratne as captain, it will be deemed a second offense and they will face a suspension.Also Read | Will try to restore lost pride in West Indies cricket in India series: Nicholas PooranAlso Read | Watch: Rihanna meets Chris Gayle, Carlos Brathwaite after Sri Lanka vs West Indies gameAlso See
zoom Austal christened United States Naval Ship Fall River (JHSV 4) this morning at its state-of-the-art shipyard in Mobile, Alabama. USNS Fall River is the fourth of ten Joint High Speed Vessels (JHSV) that Austal has under contract with the U.S. Navy as part of an overall 10-ship contract worth over $1.6 billion.The 338-foot catamaran vessel was named Fall River by Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus, after the tenth largest city in the state of Massachusetts. According to Secretary Mabus, “the Fall River represents the physical embodiment of the city of Fall River’s patriotic spirit.”The ship’s sponsor, Mrs. Diane Bemus Patrick, the First Lady of Massachusetts, has her own record of excellence and distinguished professional and public service. A lawyer, teacher, mother and active member of her community, Mrs. Patrick has extensive experience in many walks of life.Throughout her life and professional career, Diane Patrick has dedicated herself to various communities, and has served on the Boards of several distinguished civic and non-profit organizations. Diane and Deval Patrick have been married for over two decades and have two daughters, Sarah and Katherine.“First Lady Patrick is the perfect sponsor for Fall River”, said Austal USA President Craig Perciavalle, “She is tough, just like Fall River will be. She makes a difference, just like Fall River will.”Over 400 naval and shipyard guests attended the ceremony, which was held underneath the ship, between the iconic twin hulls of the USNS Fall River. The Honorable Ray Mabus, Secretary of the Navy, was the principal speaker at the event.Austal USA President, Craig Perciavalle, praised the ship, saying, “Fall River is a revolutionary and cost-effective new platform with cutting edge technology, bringing an unprecedented level of flexibility, mobility, volume, efficiency and support to our combatant commanders and nation.” He also praised the shipbuilders, saying “this is a great ship, built by great Navy shipbuilders, master craftsman who work so hard to bring this revolutionary ship to life. You should take pride in this day, in the product you build, and in the service you’re providing this great nation. ”Austal USA is a full-service shipyard offering design, construction and high-speed vessel service and repair. As Austal USA continues to expand its service and repair capabilities, the company is well-positioned for new business with engineering, test and trials capabilities, and a new waterfront facility on the Mobile Bay waterfront.Austal has been contracted by the U.S. Navy to build ten 103-meter JHSVs under a 10-ship, $1.6 billion contract, two of which have already been delivered, and eight 127-meter Independence-variant LCS class ships, six of which are a part of a 10-ship, $3.5 billion contract.Three JHSVs and four LCSs are currently under construction in Austal’s Mobile, Alabama shipyard. Austal will begin production of one more ship in each program before the end of January.For the LCS and JHSV programs, Austal, as prime contractor, is teamed with General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics. For the JHSV program, General Dynamics is responsible for the design, integration and testing of the navigation and communication systems, C4I and aviation systems. My location Austal, January 13, 2014 Print Close 此页面无法正确加载 Google 地图。您是否拥有此网站？确定
SHELBURNE COUNTY: Daniels Head Road Daniels Head Road, east of Clark’s Harbour, will be reduced to one lane from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, June 6, to allow for culvert work. The culvert is 400 metres south of the intersection of South Side Road. Traffic control persons will be on site. -30- Local Area Office: 902-527-5448 Fax: 902-527-5371
Kolkata: Marking a new beginning in promoting coastal cargo, the Kidderpore Dock of Kolkata Port Trust (KoPT) has began cargo handling.The vessel, MCP London, made its maiden coastal voyage from Katupally to Kidderpore. Dock carrying glass, cement and other cargo. It is after a gap of 10 years that the Kolkata Port Trust has been able to utilise Kidderpore Dock for handling containers, after undertaking thorough renovation of it. The vessel call was first at Krishnapattanam and Katupally where it loaded 50 TEUS of construction related material in containers. Also Read – Centuries-old Durga Pujas continue to be hit among revellersIt started its return voyage from Kidderpore Dock on Friday with 116 TEUs of containers belonging to mainline operators. It will reach Kolkata on July 14 with more cargoes. The frequency of service will be seven days for a round trip. The vessel has the capacity to carry 300 containers. KoPT has plans to ship cars through Kidderpore Dock. The KPD’s modernisation has entailed an investment to the tune of Rs 5.5 crore. A reefer point was also put in place to accommodate refrigerated cargo. A senior official of KoPT said that coastal shipping is not only environment friendly but economical in comparison to movement of cargo by road. It may be mentioned here manufacturers have already started sending vehicles to Bangladesh from Kolkata on Ro-Ro vessels to avoid traffic congestion.
Saturday, July 20th, 2019Saturday boasts wagon rides to three different music pit stops, a full day of family entertainment that includes a gold panning demo, artisan market, kids zone and more shares the organizer. Friday, July 19th, 2019 6:30 pm – Fort Motors Kick-Off Party 7:00 pm – Dinner 8:00 pm – Music & Dance Floor with Travis Fowler Band & Party To view the FB Event Page; CLICK HERECamping availableTickets available online and at 8 Seconds Western Wear in Fort St. John. BALDONNEL, B.C. – The Horse Ranch will be hosting the Beatton River Roundup Music Festival, two family-friendly days of entertainment, food and fun.Country music will be heard in this country settings with multiple music venues starting Friday, July 19th to Saturday, July 20th, 2019. 12:00 pm – Music Pit Stop Wagon Rides, Artisan Market Place and Kids & Adult Zones8:00 pm – Main Stage opening with Travis Fowler and headlining Trevor Panczak
In a speech to the 13th Ibero-American Summit, which began today in Santa Cruz, Mr. Annan said Latin American nations must strive to ensure that economic development and the promotion of democracy and social justice go hand in hand.”A development strategy worth the name cannot ignore the glaring inequalities between different social groups – and that is even more true when socio-economic differences coincide with ethnic divisions,” he said.”Special attention should be paid to the needs of all those – whether minorities or majorities, of African descent or native Indian origin – who share the bitter experience of marginalization. And inequities of land ownership must be addressed through imaginative agrarian reforms.”While the Secretary-General complimented the Latin American countries participating in the summit for their efforts to meet the Millennium Development Goals, he said their attempts to eradicate extreme poverty and hunger have been “thwarted…by a vicious cycle of disappointingly low economic growth and persistent inequality.”He said it was worrying that recent surveys in the region pointed to a fall in support for democracy, and that many poorer citizens felt their elected leaders were indifferent to their plight.Mr. Annan gave the speech during the final leg of a four-nation tour to the Andean region of South America. He has already visited Chile, Ecuador and Peru.
US economy to grow slower than Trump pledges, survey finds WASHINGTON – U.S. economic growth is expected to accelerate this year and next, yet remain modest, even if President Trump’s promised tax cuts and infrastructure spending are implemented, a survey found.The economy will grow a solid 2.3 per cent this year and 2.5 per cent in 2018, according to 50 economists surveyed by the National Association for Business Economics. Those rates would be up from 2016’s anemic pace of 1.6 per cent.Still, those rates are below the 3 per cent to 4 per cent growth that Trump has promised to bring about through steep corporate and individual tax cuts and more spending on roads, airports and tunnels. Most of the economists surveyed assume that a tax reform package will be approved by Congress this year. About two-fifths expect an infrastructure spending proposal to pass this year, while rest forecast it will happen in 2018 or beyond.The survey also found that 70 per cent of economists think financial markets are too optimistic about the impact of Trump’s proposals, should they be enacted. The S&P 500 stock index has risen about 6.5 per cent since the presidential election on anticipation of faster growth stemming from Trump’s policies. Shares slipped last week as Congress and the Trump administration failed to agree on a health care proposal to replace the Obama administration’s Affordable Care Act.The economists surveyed work for companies, trade associations and in academia. The results were compiled by Timothy Gill, an economist at the American Iron and Steel Institute; Steve Cochrane, an economist at Moody’s Analytics; and David Teolis at General Motors, among others.The survey found economists more optimistic about hiring than they were in a previous survey, conducted in December. They now forecast employers will add an average of 183,000 jobs a month this year, up from their earlier forecast of 168,000. The new figure is roughly in line with last year’s average of 187,000.Most of the economists assume that Trump’s tax proposals will pass in the second half of this year, though about one-fifth expect that it will take until next year.Most do not expect an infrastructure package, even if it passes this year, to boost the economy until 2018, the survey found.Trump’s tax proposals will face many challenges before they become law. Most economists surveyed by NABE do not expect they will include a proposal from House Republicans to tax imports and exempt exports. That proposal is forecast to raise $1 trillion in revenue over a decade. Without it, the tax plan will need to raise other revenue or will make the government’s budget deficit larger. by Christopher S. Rugaber, The Associated Press Posted Mar 27, 2017 7:24 am MDT Last Updated Mar 27, 2017 at 8:20 am MDT AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email