The facts, which involved dozens of followers, of which up to 36 ended up being identified by the Mossos, It began on the Rambla de Josep Anselm Clavé and ended up in the street of Sant Geroni, very close to the Cornellà-El Prat stadium, where the meeting of the twenty-first day between Espanyol and Athletic was going to be played. A posteriori, both clubs issued two communiqués strongly condemning the violence. The judge of Instruction number 3 of Cornellà, who was on duty this Sunday, has imposed a minimum distance of 1,000 meters “from any field, stadium or similar space where Athletic plays”, as reported by the Superior Court of Justice of Catalonia, in addition to ordering the “periodic personification before the judicial authority every 15 days” of these five individuals, ultra of the Bilbao club. The cause had been opened by tumultuarial quarrel and injuries. One day after the real battle that ended with the launch of chairs and street furniture from Cornellà de Llobregat half an hour to the start of the Espanyol-Athletic Bilbao, the five individuals detained by the Mossos d’Esquadra passed this Sunday to judicial disposition, where the first consequences of the injuries that caused a man, a partner of Espanyol of Dutch origin, have been decreed.
Good words from Leganés LaLiga Santander* Data updated as of February 21, 2020 The general reaction of the Leganés fans to this message has been positive. Few reproach the south of the capital that has accepted the offer of Barça, which happens to be a unique opportunity in his career. The same happens in a club that has praised the player’s attitude, of great respect and professionalism until the last day.This was made clear in public by Martín Ortega, general director of the club. “We also want to thank Braithwaite. He has been a great professional in Leganés. Until yesterday he came to say goodbye to all the club staff and inform us of the situation he had. We wish him the best of luck,” he insisted yesterday executive.A comprehensive wardrobeIn private the perception is the same. Braithwaite said goodbye to his teammates thanking them for allowing him to show off at LaLiga and showing all his support for the rest of the season. He also asked them to understand the jump, even if he left the Leganés in a complicated situation. No one in the team’s locker room reproaches him. Everyone would have done the same.Braithwaite himself did the same when, a month ago, In Nesyri he left the Leganés to sign for Sevilla. “I did not try to convince him of anything. He is an adult player, he did his best for him. He has given a lot for the club. He had this opportunity to leave and left. It’s just football,” he told As in mid-January.On the campus he leaves good friends, like Kevin Rodrigues, who was joined by a strong bond. He also maintained a good relationship with English speakers, such as Omeruo, Awaziem, Siovas or Bustinza. Martin Braithwaite, FC Barcelona striker, has said goodbye to the Leganés fans. Almost 24 hours after the payment of its termination clause became effective, the Danish has written a brief message in his Instagram stories to thank the pickers for their support from day one. 19 “From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank everyone in Leganés, especially the fans who adopted me as one of theirs from the beginning. I will be a pickle forever and I wish you all the best for the future,” he wrote the battering ram, both in English and Spanish, attaching in both cases an image of him wearing the blue and white shirt. LaLiga Santander* Data updated as of February 21, 2020
Last week, he joined the black-red delegation that went to Barranquilla, in Colombia, to follow Flamengo’s victory over Junior (1-2) on the first day of group A of the Copa Libertadores. Before, he was with the club president, Rodolfo Landim, and the vice president of marketing, Gustavo Oliveira, in Madrid.The South American Football Confederation (Conmebol) announced on Thursday the suspension of the Copa Libertadores matches scheduled between March 15-21 to contain the spread of the coronavirus.Brazil has confirmed until this Friday 98 cases of coronavirus, most of them in the state of Sao Paulo (56), the most populous and richest in the country, and investigates about 1,500 considered “suspects”, although without registering deaths. The World Health Organization (WHO) this week declared the coronavirus outbreak a “pandemic.” The players of the Flamengo, Liga and Copa Libertadores champion in 2019, were subjected to medical tests to detect if anyone has coronavirus, after the vice president and a club worker presented symptoms of the disease.Team Sources Rio de Janeiro confirmed that the medical services also carried out clinical examinations of the technical commission led by the Portuguese coach, Jorge Jesus, as well as all employees of the football department.“Flamengo is taking some precautions,” said the aforementioned sources, who stressed that these are “preventive” tests.The most popular club in Brazil decided to check the health status of players and coaches, after the entity’s vice president, Mauricio Gomes de Mattos, and an employee of the marketing department had symptoms of COVID-19. Both were waiting for the final result of the tests for coronovirus. Gomes de Mattos is admitted to a Brasilia hospital and awaits the result of a second analysis, according to local press.
Aránguiz joined the Aspirin team in mid-2015 and in five seasons has become a key player for all the technicians who have passed through the institution in that period. The “Prince” has scored 13 goals.Coronavirus in ASCoronavirus in Chile: new cases, deaths and infectionsGuaranteed Minimum Income in Chile: what it is and how to applyBonus Covid-19: collection dates and when the payment of the amount beginsCovid-19 Bonus: can I collect it if I am a beneficiary of the Guaranteed Minimum Income?Winter 2020 Bonus: amount and who receives it Atlético de Madrid, Inter Porto Alegre, PSG, Inter Milan and in the last days Fenerbahce and Galatasaray. The possible destinations of Charles Aránguiz for next season they are multiple, but now in Germany something much more bombastic is taking hold.According to DW, the “Prince” is one step away from signing for Bayern Munich, the most important team in Germany and one of the most winners in all of Europe.The German media assures that the freedom of action in which the Chilean will remain in June after ending his relationship with Bayer Leverkusen has been key to speed up the efforts from now on.
EVERTON (4-1-3-2)HOWARD,COLEMAN, STONES, MORI, BAINES,BARRY,DEULOFEU, CLEVERLEY, BARKLEY,KONE, LUKAKUTOTTENHAM (4-2-3-1)KANE,ERIKSEN, DEMBELE, LAMELA,DIER, ALLI,ROSE, VERTONGHEN, ALDERWEIRELD, WALKER,LLORISTottenham Hotspur arrive at Goodison Park in fourth place, just one point behind third-placed Manchester City. They have lost only two games this season, equal lowest in the Barclays Premier League with Leicester. They have also conceded only 15 goals, the fewest in the division.Everton, meanwhile, have dropped to 11th following two defeats in their last three games, including Monday’s dramatic 4-3 reverse against Stoke City. At Goodison Park, Everton have won just three, yet they have also scored 22 home goals, the most in the division.Spurs will hope that Erik Lamela maintains his good record; the Argentine has scored four goals in his past five games in all competitions for Tottenham. And team-mate Harry Kane scored 29 goals in 2015.Everton’s Romelu Lukaku is enjoying an equally rich vein of form; he has 18 goals in all competitions so far and has 11 in his last 10 games, scoring in nine.And while there are proven goalscorers involved, a draw is the favoured result given the history of this fixture. In 23 previous Goodison Park clashes, no fewer than 10 have been drawn (including five at 0-0).Tottenham have won on eight occasions including last season – when Kane got the winner.But when they met at White Hart Lane in August it finished 0-0, with Spurs extended their unbeaten run against Everton home and away to six games.Everton give tests to Tom Cleverley, James McCarthy and Phil Jagielka while Tottenham have a doubt over Moussa Dembele.
PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC):Test captain Jason Holder says the standard of regional pitches needs to be improved if teams are to produce more attractive cricket.The 24-year-old, also the Barbados Pride skipper, said that scores in the ongoing Regional Super50 had been low because pitches were slow and turning and not conducive to good strokeplay.”It’s been tough. Obviously, the scores are not what we’ve been accustomed to in one-day cricket, and I think that’s been due to the slow pitches,” Holder said.”I’ve found it very difficult so far batting in this tournament, in the middle overs especially, and trying to get the ball off the square. I think spinners are dominating it, and that’s because the ball has spun quite early and quite sharply.”I just think we need to work a little bit more on improving our pitches and … strokeplay, and the viewing of the cricket would be a lot better.”The highest total of the tournament has been Jamaica Scorpions’ 260 against minnows ICC Americas at the Sir Frank Worrell ground at St Augustine here in the second-round Group ‘A’ contest.In Group ‘B’ played in St Kitts, the highest total there was 255 by Guyana Jaguars in the final round when they chased down a competitive total set by Combined Campuses and Colleges Marooners.Between both groups, there have been 14 totals under 200 runs, with four of these coming at Queen’s Park Oval, and Holder said that the par score at the tournament’s premier venue would be quite small.”It’s been a tough pitch. The games I’ve seen here and have played here have been tough going in terms of batting, so you have to be very sharp in the field in terms of restricting opposition under 200 runs. I think 200, 210 is probably a par score on this track.”The tournament is in its final stages. Barbados Pride clash with Windward Islands Volcanoes in the second semi-final today.
The state of the swimming pool at the G.C. Foster College of Physical Education and Sport has been a sore point for decades. Current principal of the institution, Dr Joyce Graham-Royal, said it will cost $91 million to repair the facility, which has never been used since it was built in 1980. In late 2014, Minister of Sport Natalie Neita-Headley had announced that Government would be donating the funds to repair the pool via the Sports Development Foundation. However, Graham-Royal told The Gleaner yesterday that she had since learned that the funds, which had been earmarked for the pool work, had been spent on refurbishing the synthetic track at the institution, which was reopened last October. The track cost $171 million to repair. Graham-Royal said because of the clay soil at the Spanish Town-based sporting college, repairing the track had cost much more than the projected figure. Successive principals over the last few years have threshed around with the idea and as recently as 2008, the estimate to repair the Olympic-sized swimming and diving pools was at $50 million. GETTING THE MONEY Graham-Royal, who became principal of the institution in 2014, said fixing the pool will be her next ‘big’ project and said she does not intend to begin the project until she is sure she has all the money to complete it as she does not want to start and not be able to finish. “(I need) at least three quarters of it because it wouldn’t make sense; it means work would have stopped,” she told The Gleaner. Students of the school, who train to be teachers of physical education, must now use a tiny pool in Old Harbour for swimming lessons. “So I have to pay more than $10,000 monthly for them to learn to swim. You’re not a complete PE teacher until you’re able to swim,” Graham-Royal, herself a graduate of the G.C. Foster College, who later studied abroad, said. “When I went to the University of Mainz in Germany to study, I could not graduate until I learned to swim,” she added. Meanwhile, Graham-Royal also noted that the institution as also losing money as there were some interested parties who would have used the facility had it been operational. “Just this morning some students from a university in Canada called. They had a contingent of 50 and wanted to come for the summer,” she said. “So we are missing all of that. We really do need some private sector injection. We can’t do it otherwise,” she concluded.
GENEVA (AP):The head of the World Health Organization’s Zika response team is predicting that Brazil will host a “fantastic Olympics”, and that the mosquito-borne virus will be “way down” by the time the Summer Games begin in Rio de Janeiro on August 5.Dr Bruce Aylward, WHO’s executive director for outbreaks and health emergencies, said yesterday at a news conference that the mosquito population is expected to drop off around when Rio hosts the games, since it will be winter in the southern hemisphere.Rio’s Olympic venues are also in a relatively confined area, he noted, making it easier for authorities to control the local mosquito population.”Brazil is going to have a fantastic Olympics and it’s going to be a successful Olympics and the world is going to go there,” Aylward said. “I just wish I was going there, but there’s not going to be a lot of problems there by then, so I’ll be somewhere else.”Aylward also pointed to the “probability” that the Zika virus will have “gone through” a large slice of the country’s population by then, so many Brazilians might have developed an immunity to the disease by the time of the August 5-21 games.Zika, however, is just the latest cloud hanging over Brazil ahead of South America’s first Olympics. The country is coping with its worst recession in 100 years, impeachment proceedings against President Dilma Rousseff and a wide-ranging corruption scandal centred on the state-controlled oil-and-gas giant Petrobras.Brazil has recorded more than one million suspected Zika infections in recent months amid strong concerns that the virus could be linked to a spike in the number of babies born with abnormally small heads microcephaly and to a rare neurological syndrome that can cause temporary paralysis in people of all ages.In Brazil yesterday, ministers, state governors, health authorities and members of the armed forces visited schools throughout the country to involve students in the nationwide campaign to eradicate the Aedes aegypti mosquito that spreads the Zika virus.WHO has declared a global health emergency due to the virus, saying it could produce as many as 4 million cases in the next year. The mosquitoes that spread Zika which also spread dengue and yellow fever are entrenched across the region and in a wide belt around the globe, mostly in tropical areas.
Local football’s transfer window closed at midnight last night, but with the Red Stripe Premier League set to begin in little over a week, many of the anticipated big moves did not happen.There were unconfirmed reports that Rivoli United’s Corey Burke and Kemar Beckford would be joining their former coach, Calvert Fitzgerald, at Waterhouse. Montego Bay United were said to be very keen to acquire the services of last season’s topscorer, Craig Foster of Reno, and there was even talk of Tivoli star man, Keammar Daley, training with Harbour View but despite all the rumours, none of those big moves materialised.Cavalier were the busiest in the window with six acquisitions. The Rudolph Speid-coached team finished ninth with the second-best defensive record last season, and they have added more steel to their back line after contracting experienced goaltender Carlloyd Walters from Boys’ Town and imposing defender Shawn Lawes from Barbican.The club has also drafted in former Tivoli and Boys’ Town striker Owen Powell to bolster their attack. They have also signed Kaheem Parris from Time and Patience, Romario Sterling from Dela Vega City, and Brown’s Town’s Akeem Christie.Boys’ Town were the biggest losers in the window, with four seasoned campaigners leaving the club. Apart from selling Walters and Powell to Cavalier, they traded promising defender Hugh Evans and midfielder Jason Jackson to Harbour View.New playersPortmore United, who are making a return to the top flight after one season, only added two players to their roster. They are midfield general Andrew Christie, who returns to the club after spending last season at Barbican, and Paul Shaven Sean, who also joined from Barbican.UWI made one of the biggest deals when they signed Rivoli striker Jason Greenland. The striker has shown a lot of promise over the past few seasons and will be a good asset to his new club. The other signee is Stephen Lowe from Cedar Grove.Waterhouse’s only acquisition in the window was Jermaine Henry of Rivoli United, while Boys’ Town only signed a Super League player, Mikhail Robinson, from Santos.There were no new signings by Arnett Gardens, Tivoli Gardens, Montego Bay United, Humble Lion, Rivoli United, and Reno.
It has been a slow and steady road to recovery for Waterhouse’s young ace midfielder, Kenroy Howell.The attacker was in the form of his life in his young Premier League career when an injury against Tivoli Gardens, which required surgery, halted his progress.The promising midfielder had surgery done and made full recovery in April. But being out for months, and the fact that he was just coming back from a severe injury, meant the former Jamaica College player struggled to regain the form that made him a fan favourite at Drewsland.However, on Sunday, the 22-year-old gave a small reminder of his capabilities and his knack for getting goals from midfield, as he scored the only goal in Waterhouse’s 1-0 win over Cavalier.With the game evenly poised, Howell broke the deadlock just before the half hour when he latched on to a low cross from Oshane Roberts and swept the ball past Carlloyd Walters in goal – a real striker’s finish – to give his team a much-needed win.Besides the goal, the player showed great energy at both ends of the field and, on occasions, he opened up the Cavalier defence with his penetrating dribbles from deep. Although things are starting to look promising again, the player insists he has a lot more to give.”It was very frustrating being off the pitch at first, but I am really glad that I am back. I am putting in the work and starting to see results,” he told The Gleaner after the game.Proving himself”This is the third start from seven games, and I still have more to give. I just have to come to training, work hard and show it on the pitch,” he continued.”The last time I scored was in Tivoli match on November 5th. I scored a few minutes before I got injured. I feel great about it (scoring on Sunday). We are at the bottom of the table, and to help my team actually get a win, which should put us couple places up in the table, is a good thing, so I feel real good about it,” he said.”But expect more, because I will be trying to put myself in the box and score more goals, and I am just putting in the work as usual and hoping for the best,” he added.The three points lifted Waterhouse out of the relegation zone and into 10th spot on seven points, the same as UWI and Harbour View, who are 11th and ninth, respectively. They are one point in front of bottom-placed Boys’ Town.